“1” stamped or etched in runouts denotes [l=MCA Pressing Plant, Gloversville], pressing. Remainder of runouts stamped, some trailing plating number (e.g., “1,” “3,” “4,” etc.) etched.
Comes in a matte-finish gatefold sleeve with blue printing, and has inner pockets like a folder, with one side holding the record, and the other the 12 replica inserts that came with this album:
– Glossy press photo of the band.
– County Courts Acts Notice on behalf of Jennings Musical Industries to Kit Lambert for the outstanding return of musical instruments.
– Delivery note for smoke generators from Brock’s Crystal Palace Fireworks Ltd.
– Lyrics to “My Generation” with handwritten notes.
– Rejection letter to Kit Lambert, Esq., from John Burgess at E.M.I. Records Ltd in regard to the High Numbers.
– Locarno Ballroom engagement cancellation letter from Barry Perkins at King’s Agency.
– Large 15.25″×22.25″ black matte-finish “Maximum R&B” foldout poster showing Pete Townshend windmilling his Rickenbacker.
– Contract for the band’s Woodstock performance.
– Matte-finish photo with writing on reverse taken from behind the drums showing Pete Townshend jumping in front of a live crowd holding his Gibson SG guitar.
– Tour itinerary of “High Numbers” with fees.
– Show earnings list for Malcolm Rose on New Action Ltd letterhead.
– Marquee Club box office sheet.
Issued with custom plain inner sleeve that matches color of cover.
On custom Decca labels:
“Crackling Noises O.K. Do Not correct!”
Catalog number on front cover, labels: DL 79175
Catalog number on back cover: DL-79175
The first 150,000 copies of this album contained the inserts.
Some copies with hype sticker (catalog number 9175):
“It Is The Best Live Rock Album Ever Made…” The New York Times [a=Nik Cohn] March 8, 1970
A1: Jazz Edition BMI
A2, B1: Tro-Devon BMI
A3: Rumbalero BMI
A4: Mills ASCAP
B2: Tro-Essex ASCAP
© Decca Records a division of MCA Inc. 1970
Recorded In England
A1 Young Man Blues 4:45
A2 Substitute 2:05
A3 Summertime Blues 3:22
A4 Shakin’ All Over 4:15
B1 My Generation 14:27
B2 The Magic Bus 7:30